School Day: 8:45am - 2:45pm
Drop-off time is 8:25am to 8:40am.
Windham buses will be utilizing the road in front of the school, as well as the cul-de-sac. There will be no parking in front of the school on Industrial Drive during this time.
When you come up Industrial Drive, take your first right into the parking lot. Drive the entire length of the parking lot and make a U-turn to your left to "curve" back alongside the building.
Parents must stay in the vehicle during drop off.
Please have your child unbuckled and ready to exit the vehicle on the PASSENGER side. Staff cannot reach into the car to unbuckle or assist with coats, etc.
Anyone arriving after 8:40am must walk their child to the front office to sign them in as late.
Pick-up times are as follows:
Last Name A-C - 2:45pm
*Do not arrive prior to 2:40pm or you will be asked to leave*
Last Name D-M 2:55pm
Last Name N-Z - 3:00pm
*Please do not arrive prior to your scheduled time*
1. There will be two lanes for cars in our parking lot for afternoon dismissal. When you arrive to
Windham Academy, please take the first right into our parking lot if there is space and choose one
lane. IT DOES NOT MATTER WHICH LANE YOU ARE IN.
2. The beginning of the pick up line will begin at the exit of the parking lot where the "Stop" Sign is.
3. Please pull up as closely as possible to the car in front of you. Please do not leave a lot of space. PUT YOUR CAR INTO THE PARK POSITION AND REMAIN IN YOUR CAR. If you arrive early in the first group, please turn your car off.
4. If you arrive and the parking lot lanes are full, please remain in line on the right side of Industrial Drive until cars begin moving forward. Please do not block neighbor lot entrances when waiting to enter the WA lot.
5. Students will be called as you enter the parking lot and walked to your car when you are in the pick up zone (along front walkway of school.
6. If your child needs help buckling, please pull into the cul-de-sac to do this. Do not get out or hold up the line while buckling.
**Your child will receive a number placard from his/her teacher. PLEASE hang this card from your rearview mirror.
**There is NO PARKING in the cul-de-sac during afternoon dismissal. Please be patient and follow our procedures above.
Please Note: Children who are not picked up by 3:10pm and who are signed-up with the YMCA After-School Club will be directed to the after-school program. Other students who have not been picked up by 3:10pm will be taken to the main office to await their rides. After 1 instance of a “late” pick up, a late fee of $20 will be charged to the family. After 3:30pm, the charge will be $1 additional for each minute.
By law, busing is provided to students residing in the host district of Windham only. If your child is enrolled in Windham Academy and lives in Windham, they will be automatically be added to the bus route at the start of the school year. To view bus routes, click here.